Additional Information


Accommodations Form

Verification of Electrical Experience Form

Inside Wireman Late Hours Form

Telecommunications Late Hours Form

Work Hour Form for VA Submission

DWS Funding Policy

DWSFunding Progress Report

Higher Education Opportunities

Associate of Applied Science in Apprenticeship (AAS)

Ogden Weber Tech Electrician Apprentice Related Instruction


  1. What are my benefits? Do I have insurance, 401K, etc?
    • Please refer to the IBEW Local 354 for any benefit, Collective Bargaining Agreement @ or you may call the office at (801) 972-9354.
  2. What is the cost of tuition? Are there any fees?
    •  TUITION / FEES:
      • Tuition: The tuition for the Inside Wireman and Telecommunication programs is $320.00 – 350.00 per semester. There are two semesters a year. The tuition is paid through our affiliate Ogden Weber Technical College. You will never attend their facility, but with this affiliation there are benefits to the apprenticeship programs. If you have not attended Ogden Weber Technical College in the past 6 months, or ever, there will also be a onetime fee of $30.00. This is a registration fee and will come due first week of attendance.
      • Books / Online Modules: Our apprenticeship is classified as “Blended Learning” which means physical textbooks and online modules. The textbooks and online modules are purchased at the UETA office in West Jordan, UTand must be purchased with enough time to completethe homework due upon attendance. The Inside Wireman apprentices will purchase the textbooks and online modules at a rate of $300.00 – $750.00 per semester. Please look under the ‘Programs’ tab for additional information under whatever program you are interested in.
  3. What is the time frame to become a Journeyman in the State of Utah?
    • The Inside Wireman program is a 5-year program. For further research on the requirements, rules and regulations of Journeyman Licensing in the State of Utah we would refer you to the Department of Public Licensing at electrical – As for our program and becoming an IBEW Local 354 Journeyman through the apprenticeship completion of all, 5 years is required.
  4. Are tools to be purchased by the apprentices who are accepted into the program or are they provided?
    •  Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, there are tools that the apprentices are responsible for. Those lists are maximum number of tools required, not a minimum. Those tool lists can be found on our site under ‘Programs’.
  5.  Does previous experience count for apprenticeship program credit? What experience qualifies?

In most cases, yes. If there are hours worked on a State of Utah apprenticeship license, they need to be turned in with aVerification of Electrical Experience Form. This form can be found on the State of Utah DOPL website or by clicking on the link above. This form MUST be completed by the employer. Each employer must submit a separate form.If you have experience from out of state, you must also complete the Verification of Electrical Experience Form. This form can be found on the State of Utah DOPL website or by clicking on the link above. The hours will be evaluated and qualified per State of Utah guidelines for credit. Each employer must submit a separate form.